Sweet potato and oat pancakes can be synonymous with healthy and nutritious breakfasts depending on the ingredients you use when cooking them. In this case, we will make a sweet potato pancake recipe using sweet potato puree, oat flour, egg, and cinnamon, that is, without milk and sugar… What do you think?
Well, I assure you that they are delicious, and thanks to the sweet potatoes, these sweet potato pancakes do not need any added sweetener, although you can always serve them with a bit of honey or maple syrup on top as I have done. Try them with RecetasGratis!
- 4 tablespoons of mashed sweet potato, sweet potato, or sweet potato (about 100 gr).
- 6 tablespoons of oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 dessert spoon of chia seeds (optional)
- 1 dessertspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 dessert spoon of baking powder or baking soda
- Mild oil (coconut or sunflower oil)
- Start by mixing the sweet potato puree with the egg. You can do this either manually or in a blender. Next, make the homemade puree, roast the sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave, boil them, and remove the skin to mash and puree them.
- Add the dry ingredients to the previous preparation: oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and, if desired, chia seeds as well. Mix very well to break up any lumps in the oat flour.
- Heat a non-stick pan greased with a bit of coconut oil over medium-low heat, and pour a portion of the sweet potato and oat pancake batter (you can use the amount that fits in a spoon as a reference). Wait 1 minute and flip the pancake on the other side to brown as well. Wait 30 seconds and remove. Repeat this step until the batter is finished.
- Serve the freshly made sweet potato pancakes with a bit of honey and sliced banana or another type of fruit and syrup.