2 c sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (about 3)
1 1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 can(s) evaporated milk (5 oz), divided
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 9″ pie crust, unbaked
1/2 c sugar
2 1/4 tsp flour
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp evaporated milk (from the above can)
1/4 c pecan halves, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put the unbaked pie crust on a cookie sheet.
2. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, milk (set aside 2 Tablespoons for use in Glaze), egg and vanilla.
3. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into the pie shell.
4. For the Glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and 2 Tablespoons milk. Drizzle over the sweet potato mixture, but don’t overdue it! If desired, garnish with the pecan halves.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Tip: Sometimes I do not even use the Glaze; especially if I use the left-overs from the Sweet Potato Wedges. It can get a little too sweet!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!