- 1 pound boneless round steak
- One 24 oz jar tomato sauce
- 2 fresh tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 heaping Tablespoon minced jarred garlic
- 1 pepper green or red, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- cooked rice or noodles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the round steak into 4 portions, salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Place the steak in a saute pan with the oil. Fry until the steak in browned on both sides. Remove from the heat.
Place the steak in a shallow baking dish (13×9) or a small roasting pan. Add the tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion and all the slices vegetables to the pan. Cover with foil and bake for about 2 hours or until the steak is tender. Serve over rice or cooked noodles.