1 (15.25oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together all cookie ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and place them about 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Icing:
- Melt together the butter, cocoa powders and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and slowly incorporate the confectioners sugar until thoroughly combined and smooth. Place a baking sheet beneath the wire cooling rack with the cookies.
- Spoon the icing over the cooled cookies until covered. Allow icing to set before serving or storing.