- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 (16-oz) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, cut into pieces and cooked
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large saucepan brown the ground beef. When beef is about halfway done add the onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook until beef is done and the veggies are soft.
Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the mixture. Simmer mixture for 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top of the casserole. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let dish sit for 10 minutes before serving.