- 4 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
Preheat oven to 275°F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add yellow onions and sauté until they begin to soften. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Raise heat to high and sear chuck roast on all sides. Transfer to plate.
Deglaze Dutch oven with beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, making sure to scrape up any browned bits for added flavor.
Remove from heat and return roast, onions and garlic to pot. Add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
Cover and bake on center oven rack for 2 hour 15 minutes. Add potatoes and bake an additional 1 hour 45 minutes or until veggies are tender. Rest chuck roast 5 minutes before slicing and sprinkle with green onions for garnish.