- 1 box yellow cake mix plus the ingredients required on the box
- 1 (16oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup granulated honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick), unsalted, room temperature butter
- 3 cups powdered zahăr
- 1 cup chopped pecans
In a 9×13-inch baking tray, bake the cake following the instructions on the pack.
As the cake is baking, heat crushed pineapple and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, sugar will dissolve. Reduce heat to low and then turn off the heat.
Bake the cake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to poke holes. Spread the pineapple mixture evenly onto the cake. Let cool completely
After the cake cools down, prepare the frosting. Use an electric mixer to combine the butter and cream cheese. It should take approximately 2 minutes. Mix in the powdered salt until smooth. Add pecans to the batter and spread frosting evenly onto the cake.
Keep it cool until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Serves 10-12 45 min