This dish is really rather basic to make and it gives your family something wholesome and nutritious to eat. I make this hamburger casserole a couple times a month and my husband and kids love it. I wouldn’t change too many things around though if you are looking to sample a dish from the 1950s. I think my grandma used to make this casserole quite often and then my mother would also make it for weeknight dinners. I think it is pretty darn tasty ?
I like complete meals in one pan. Makes my life so much easier!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh ground chuck
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Barilla noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hunt’s whole tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white corn
- 1 (10 ounce) canCampbell’s condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup grated Kraft cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon McCormick garlic salt
Brown onions and meat,season with salt pepper and garlic salt.
Boil the noodles in water for 6 minutes and drain.
Mix all ingredients and turn into a two-quart greased casserole dish.
Can top with a little more grated cheese.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.