12 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. smoked sausage kielbasa , sliced
- 3 16 ounce cans of bushes baked beans
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a oven-safe dutch oven over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer cooked bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to absorb any extra grease.
Saute onions in the bacon grease remaining in the dutch oven until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and sliced smoked sausage and continue to cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, salt & pepper and hot sauce to the pan and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until mixture is simmering, then place the dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.