A delicious Mexican dinner that is versatile, family-friendly, delicious, and slightly spicy is just a few minutes away once you finish reading about this delicious Walking Taco Casserole. This casserole can be topped with Fritos, Doritos, or Tortilla Chips. The meat can be made as spicy or non-spicy as you prefer.
This Walking Taco Casserole is a hit whenever I make it and I am betting your crew will love it just as much!
What do you mean that this Walking Taco Casserole is versatile?
This means that you could change the meat to chicken, sausage or pork if you wanted. You can use different chips for the topping, you can add in black beans, refried beans, or corn to make it even heartier.
What toppings can I put on the Walking Taco Casserole?
Any toppings that you would normally put on Tacos, you can put on top of the Walking Taco Casserole. You could add Salsa, Guacamole, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cheese, or any other toppings that you like.
- 1 lb Ground chicken, beef or turkey
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 Can of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chillies)
- 1 Packet of Taco seasoning
- 1 Bag of Frito Corn Chips
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce (10 oz)
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 C. Shredded Cheese
- In a skillet brown the meat and onion. Add the Rotel and taco seasoning. Simmer until any liquid is evaporated. Add black beans and cream cheese. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream cheese until melted and combined. Stir in the enchilada sauce.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Dump 1/2 of the bag of Fritos into the bottom of the pan. Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture and 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Repeat the layer Chips, meat, cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.