1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup powdered sugar
Zest from two lemons
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and ½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- In a mixing bowl, (or bowl from stand mixer) on low-speed blend butter, all-purpose flour and powdered sugar for 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for seven minutes, stopping once, halfway through to add in the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Add in ¾ cup of white chocolate chips by hand, mixing only until combined, being gentle when mixing.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop onto baking sheets 12 to a sheet.
- Bake in 350F oven for 10-12 minutes until edges are just light golden brown, being careful not to over bake.
- Remove from oven and cool at least five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Melt remaining white chocolate chips in microwave, thirty seconds at a time, stirring just until melted.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.