- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (18.75 ounce) jar Salsa Verde
- 1 can corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound shredded chicken (2 heaping cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 jalapeno, diced for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
Heat oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or large pot and add onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, 3-4 minutes.
Stir in broth, salsa verde, corn, tomatoes, and oregano.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add shredded chicken and beans; simmer 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with chopped jalapeno and cilantro.