- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries or mixed)
Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
Melt butter in a small sauce pan on medium-low heat until it turns a golden brown, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a medium bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together browned butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, then add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
While stirring, slowly add flour mixture into egg mixture. Once combined, mix in yogurt. Using a large spoon, gently fold berries in.
Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Tide And Thyme